How to become a substitute teacher with Griffith Public Schools
Calll the Griffith Public Schools Administration Office at 219-924-4250 and tell them you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher!
Earn $80.25 a day with a valid Indiana Teaching License
Steps to becoming a substitute teacher at Griffith Public Schools
1. Complete the Griffith Public Schools application packet. The packet can be picked up at our Central Administration Offices located at 602 N. Raymond Street in the same building as Griffith Middle School and Griffith High School. Enter door C-2 by the black awning on Raymond Street.
2. Complete Drug Screening – Completed at Immediate Care (corner of Burr and Hwy 30)
3. Go online and complete the Expanded Criminal Background Check (Safe Hiring Solutions)
4. Submit your application packet and drug screening to Griffith Public Schools administration office (602 N Raymond St. in Griffith).
5. Next, Griffith will call you to set up an interview.
6. After your interview, you will apply for your Substitute Teaching Permit (Apply online with the Indiana Department of Education) www.doe.in.gov/licensing
7. Finally, you will sign on with our Aesop sub calling system and start taking jobs.
If you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher with Griffith Public Schools or have any questions, please call the Griffith Public Schools Administration Office at 219-924-4250.