Mr. Nick Zivanovic
Computer Science 7 (Grade 7)
This 7th grade class is new for the 2016-17 school year. It helps prepare middle school students for using technology in middle and high school. Students spend 9 weeks learning basic computer programming skills using block programming and then 9 weeks learning the fundamentals of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Personal Finance (Grade 9)
Prepares students to build skills in financial responsibility and decision making. Students analyze needs, wants, and goals, and identify sources of income, saving, and investing. Students also learn to prepare tax returns, manage a checking account, and use credit responsibly. This life-skills course teaches personal responsibility and allows students to apply acquired math skills to real-world situations. Major class projects include a mid-term checking account project and a car financing simulation.
Introduction to Computer Science (grades 9-12)
Student Expectations for class
- Be on time, prepared to work, every day
- Be prepared and bring all materials to class every day
- Use all technology responsibly
- Treat others and school property with respect
- Follow all Griffith HS/MS rules for dress code and conduct
- Challenge yourself to do your best!